A 25-hectare site
From 1601 to 1880, the château belonged to the Pichon family: several of them played an important role in the history of Bordeaux. On a fine terroir of sand and gravel, the vineyard, which was entirely created upon its acquisition by Clément Fayat, is planted with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc.
Appellation: Haut-Médoc Cru Bourgois
Surface area: 25 hectares
Planting: 62% Merlot, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc
Planting density: 7,000 to 8,000 vines/ha
Average age of vines: 30 years
Production: 120,000 bottles